Alfresco was founded in 2005 by John Newton, co-founder of Documentum and John Powell, former COO of Business Objects.
Alfresco “is the leading open source alternative for enterprise content management. It couples the innovation of open source with the stability of a true enterprise-class platform. The open source model allows Alfresco to use best-of-breed open source technologies and contributions from the open source community to get higher quality software produced more quickly at much lower cost.”
Alfresco was launched in October 2005 and is now available under the GNU GPL (General Public License) in two flavors: Community, which is free and community supported, and Enterprise, which requires a paid support contract.
- February 24, 2007: Alfresco (Directory)
Stats for Alfresco
- not among the top 30 in Powered by . . .
- Number 18 in Most visited CMS site
- not among the top 30 in Most linked CMS site
- Alfresco home page: http://www.alfresco.com/