CMSimple is based on a Perl script written by Peter Andreas Harteg in 1999 and used for managing homepages for many years.
In March 2003 Peter rewrote CMSimple in PHP and made it available for free use.
CMSimple doesn’t need a database, but stores the content of your site in a single HTML file. CMSimple is recommended for sites with text contents less than 2 MB (about 1000 pages of text with an average of 2,000 characters per page). There is no maximum size to the site but speed will become an issue.
Images are stored separately, and there is no limit to the number of images you can use. Additional features include an integrated online WYSIWYG (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get) editor with link validation, image handling, online editing of system files and an automatic backup on logout.
CMSimple is free to use, but only if a link to cmsimple.dk is kept visible in the template for the site. If you want to remove or hide the link to cmsimple.dk from your pages, you must purchase a commercial license for the site.
- June 23, 2008: CMSimple 3.2 (link)
- May 22, 2008: CMSimple 3.1 (link)
- October 23, 2007: CMSimple 3.0 released (News)
- May 21, 2007: CMSimple 2.9 (News)
- March 29, 2007: CMSimple 2.8 (News)
- November 29, 2006: CMSimple 2.7 (News)
- September 13, 2006: CMSimple 2.6 (News)
- August 23, 2006: CMSimple (Directory)
Stats for CMSimple
- Number 30 in Powered by . . .
- not among the top 30 in Most visited CMS site
- not among the top 30 in Most linked CMS site
- CMSimple home page: http://www.cmsimple.org/