Elxis was born in December 2005, based on a modified version of Mambo 184.108.40.206 that had back-end language support. In June 2006 the first version of Elxis was ready and in October the first public version, Elxis 2006.3, was released.
Elxis CMS is being developed by the Elxis Team, led by Ioannis Sannos, and its headquarters are located in Athens, Greece.
Elxis uses the ADOdb database abstraction library to handle the database and, since version 2008.1, requires PHP 5.2 or higher. Elxis is released under the GNU/GPL license.
- June 13, 2010: Elxis 2009.2 (link)
- November 7, 2009: Elxis (Directory)
- October 7, 2009: Elxis 2009.1 (link)
- May 5, 2009: Elxis 2009.0 (link)
- September 30, 2008: Elxis 2008.1 (link)
- February 11, 2008: Elxis 2008.0 (link)
Stats for Elxis
- not among the top 30 in Powered by . . .
- not among the top 30 in Most visited CMS site
- not among the top 30 in Most linked CMS site
- Elxis home page: http://www.elxis.org/