Exponent does what other CMS systems do – “it allows anyone to create website pages, content on pages, and manage where these pages are placed on a website – but it does all this in a completely new way.
Exponent uses an editing system that allows website content to be edited on the page as it is displayed – no more back-end administration, no more navigating endless administration pages to add a simple line of text – simply visit the page you need to edit as if you were a site visitor, and make the change.”
Exponent was born in 2003, is available under the GNU GPL and is supported by OIC, a software company based in Peoria, IL.
- November 3, 2010: Exponent 0.98 (link)
- February 13, 2009: Exponent 0.97 (link)
- June 13, 2008: Exponent 0.97 beta (link)
- March 14, 2008: Exponent 0.97 alpha (link)
- October 3, 2007: Exponent 0.96.6 (link)
- May 23, 2007: Exponent 0.96.6 beta (link)
- February 7, 2007: Exponent 0.96.6 alpha (link)
- November 1, 2006: Exponent 0.96.5 (News)
- July 22, 2006: Exponent 0.96.5 beta (News)
- July 2, 2006: Exponent (Directory)
Stats for Exponent
- not among the top 30 in Powered by . . .
- not among the top 30 in Most visited CMS site
- not among the top 30 in Most linked CMS site
- Exponent home page: http://www.exponentcms.org/