Born as phpRadiant in January 2007, Frog is a PHP version of Radiant CMS, a well known Ruby on Rails application.
Radiant and Frog share the goal to simplify content management, and offer an elegant user interface, flexible templating, and simple user management and permissions.
But, while PHP hosting is ubiquitous and affordable, Ruby hosting is less common and often expensive, so this project could definitely find an audience within the PHP users community.
Frog requires PHP5, a MySQL database or SQLite 3 with PDO, and a web server (Apache with mod_rewrite is highly recommended). It is distributed under the GNU Affero General Public License.
- April 26, 2009: Frog 0.9.5 (link)
- April 6, 2009: Frog 0.9.5 RC2 (link)
- February 14, 2009: Frog 0.9.5 RC1 (link)
- September 29, 2008: Frog 0.9.4 (link)
- September 7, 2008: Frog 0.9.4 RC1 (link)
- August 15, 2008: Frog (Directory)
- August 15, 2008: Frog 0.9.3 (link)
- January 22, 2008: Frog 0.9.2 (link)
- January 10, 2008: Frog 0.9.1 (link)
- September 17, 2007: Frog 0.2.2 (link)
- September 11, 2007: Interview with Philippe Archambault (Articles)
Stats for Frog
- not among the top 30 in Powered by . . .
- not among the top 30 in Most visited CMS site
- not among the top 30 in Most linked CMS site
- Frog home page: http://www.madebyfrog.com/