Mambo announced today the release of version 4.6. “This is the first major release in almost two years and provides users a leaner, faster Mambo with greatly improved scalability and stability.
Version 4.6 is being released in two configurations: 4.6 Complete includes the core system as well as an assortment of the most popular extensions and templates, while 4.6 Lite is a minimalist distro comprised of only the core files.”
What’s new in version 4.6? Among the new features:
* More templates, available in 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768, fully CSS-driven.
* A single internationalization mechanism that makes it easier for translators to produce local language packs.
* A new integrated installer for plugins (components, modules, etc). Users will see a single installer that is able to install any kind of plugin.
* A better WYSIWYG content editor, MOStlyCE, fast and with a number of new functions.
For details please read the full release announcement and the changelog.php file that is included with the distribution.
- June 26, 2008: Mambo 4.6.5 (link)
- May 23, 2008: Mambo 4.6.4 (link)
- January 23, 2008: Mambo 4.5.6 (link)
- December 24, 2007: Mambo 4.6.3 (link)
- April 30, 2007: Mambo 4.6.2 (News)
- February 4, 2007: Mambo 4.5.5 (News)
- October 5, 2006: Mambo 4.6.1 and 4.5.4 SP3 (News)
- September 24, 2006: Mambo (Directory)
- September 18, 2006: Mambo version 4.6 (News)
- September 3, 2006: Mambo 4.5.4 SP2 (News)
- July 4, 2006: Mambo 4.6 RC2 released (News)
- May 29, 2006: Mambo 4.5.4 available (News)
- April 26, 2006: Mambo 4.6 RC1 (News)
- March 8, 2006: Mambo 4.6 Public Beta (News)
Stats for Mambo
- Mambo home page: http://mambo-foundation.org/