MiaCMS was forked from Mambo on April 29, 2008. Two weeks later the new project released MiaCMS 4.6.4, based on Mambo 4.6.3.
The MiaCMS fork was initiated by a majority of the Mambo core development team, including Al Warren (alwarren), Chad Auld (cauld), Ozgur Cem Sen (ocs), and Richard Ong (arpee).
But why a fork? The founding team felt “that the policies, processes, and priorities of the official Mambo Foundation were having a negative impact on the code and the community… we never gave up on the product or the community, but rather just the Foundation which controlled it.”
MiaCMS requires PHP 4.3.2+ and MySQL 4.0+, and is released under the GNU General Public License version 2.
- July 29, 2009: MiaCMS 4.9 (link)
- June 17, 2009: MiaCMS 4.9 beta (link)
- February 15, 2009: MiaCMS 4.8.1 (link)
- January 15, 2009: MiaCMS 4.8 (link)
- November 25, 2008: MiaCMS 4.8 beta (link)
- September 10, 2008: MiaCMS 4.6.5 SP1 (link)
- July 1, 2008: MiaCMS (Directory)
- June 5, 2008: MiaCMS 4.6.5 (link)
- May 12, 2008: MiaCMS 4.6.4 (link)
Stats for MiaCMS
- not among the top 30 in Powered by . . .
- not among the top 30 in Most visited CMS site
- not among the top 30 in Most linked CMS site
- MiaCMS home page: http://miacms.org/