July 12, 2006 – Six Apart “today released an upgrade to its flagship business blogging tool Movable Type. The company also announced significant summer price discounts across the entire Movable Type product line, while making its free personal license open to unlimited users with unlimited blogs.”
Movable Type 3.3 introduces many new features, including:
* Tag Support and Tag Feeds.
* Widget Manager, to rearrange page content by drag-and-drop.
* Activity Feeds, to manage your entire blog, its comments and TrackBacks, and get information on your blog’s status with customizable feeds for administrators.
To learn all the details, please read the Six Apart press release.
Note: this update to Movable Type is being initially released as version 3.31 to sync version numbers with an earlier release in the Japanese market.
Update: August 28, 2006 – Movable Type has been updated to version 3.32. This is a recommended fix if you need any of the fixes listed in the release notes, but it’s not a required update.
- December 2, 2008: Movable Type 4.23 (link)
- September 1, 2008: Movable Type 4.21 (link)
- August 13, 2008: Movable Type 4.2 (link)
- January 24, 2008: Movable Type 4.1 (link)
- January 15, 2008: Movable Type 4.01a and 3.36 (link)
- September 21, 2007: Movable Type 4.01 (link)
- August 15, 2007: Movable Type 4.0 (link)
- June 5, 2007: Movable Type 4.0 beta (link)
- April 17, 2007: Movable Type 3.35 (News)
- January 17, 2007: Movable Type 3.34 (News)
- September 26, 2006: Movable Type 3.33 (News)
- September 17, 2006: Movable Type (Directory)
- August 28, 2006: Movable Type 3.3 (3.3.1), 3.3.2 (News)
Stats for Movable Type
- Movable Type home page: http://www.movabletype.org/