Movable Type 3.35 has been released, mainly because of “a XSS vulnerability that was found in our comment preview code. The vulnerability affects only a small number of people, but we felt it important to address the issue as soon as we could. And since we were turning on the release machines we went ahead and tackled a couple of other bug fixes and introduced a new feature as well.”
The new feature is a greatly improved installation process. Now a Setup Wizard helps users configure the platform on their web server, asking a few questions and then taking care of the rest.
Another important change is on how you download Movable Type. Now users seeking the personal and free edition no longer have to create a TypeKey account to download the software, they just click the link that says “Download Movable Type”.
For additional information and instructions to fix the security vulnerability, please refer to the release announcement.
- December 2, 2008: Movable Type 4.23 (link)
- September 1, 2008: Movable Type 4.21 (link)
- August 13, 2008: Movable Type 4.2 (link)
- January 24, 2008: Movable Type 4.1 (link)
- January 15, 2008: Movable Type 4.01a and 3.36 (link)
- September 21, 2007: Movable Type 4.01 (link)
- August 15, 2007: Movable Type 4.0 (link)
- June 5, 2007: Movable Type 4.0 beta (link)
- April 17, 2007: Movable Type 3.35 (News)
- January 17, 2007: Movable Type 3.34 (News)
- September 26, 2006: Movable Type 3.33 (News)
- September 17, 2006: Movable Type (Directory)
- August 28, 2006: Movable Type 3.3 (3.3.1), 3.3.2 (News)
Stats for Movable Type
- Movable Type home page: http://www.movabletype.org/