Radiant is a CMS built using Ruby on Rails, a well known web application platform.
Radiant features an elegant administrative interface that centers around three key components:
Pages are the main content for a web site, may use Markdown, Textile, or plain HTML, and are composed of multiple parts such as a body and sidebar;
Snippets are content that can be reused in multiple places, similar to PHP includes or Rails partials;
Layouts contain most of the HTML for a page’s design. Layouts can render pages parts in any way they choose, for instance one layout could render the body and sidebar of a page, while another layout (a print layout) could render only the body.
Radiant allows you to arrange pages according to any hierarchy; e.g. a weblog in Radiant can be a collection of child pages under a parent page. Radiant has also a macro language called Radius, which makes it easy to include content from other pages, iterate over page children, and display content conditionally.
Radiant includes a caching mechanism which allows content to be cached for a maximum of 5 minutes. This ensures that content is always fresh while providing a performance advantage.
Radiant is licensed under the MIT License, so it’s free for both commercial and non-profit use. You are also free to modify and distribute Radiant as long as you don’t remove the appropriate notices from the source code.
- June 25, 2010: Radiant 0.9.0 (link)
- April 27, 2010: Radiant 0.9.0 RC2 (link)
- October 9, 2009: Radiant 0.9.0 RC1 (link)
- September 5, 2009: Radiant 0.8.1 (link)
- June 14, 2009: Radiant 0.8.0 (link)
- May 11, 2009: Radiant 0.8.0 RC1 (link)
- February 15, 2009: Radiant 0.7.1 (link)
- February 7, 2009: Radiant 0.7.0 (link)
- January 21, 2009: Radiant 0.7.0 RC2 (link)
- December 7, 2008: Radiant 0.7.0 RC1 (link)
- August 1, 2008: Radiant 0.6.9 (link)
- July 27, 2008: Radiant 0.6.8 (link)
- May 16, 2008: Radiant 0.6.7 (link)
- April 20, 2008: Radiant 0.6.6 (link)
- April 19, 2008: Radiant 0.6.5 (link)
- April 5, 2008: Radiant 0.6.5 RC2 (link)
- February 26, 2008: Radiant 0.6.5 RC1 (link)
- November 10, 2007: Radiant 0.6.4 (link)
- October 6, 2007: Radiant 0.6.3 (link)
- June 24, 2007: Radiant 0.6.2 (link)
- May 6, 2007: Radiant 0.6.1 (link)
- April 24, 2007: Radiant 0.6 (link)
- February 25, 2007: Radiant (Directory)
Stats for Radiant
- not among the top 30 in Powered by . . .
- not among the top 30 in Most visited CMS site
- not among the top 30 in Most linked CMS site
- Radiant home page: http://radiantcms.org/