SkyBlueCanvas is a lightweight CMS developed by Scott Lewis and released as open source in March, 2008.
SkyBlueCanvas is designed to be easy to use, and is intended for small web sites with relatively simple requirements. That means sites with about one hundred pages, two or three page layouts, and typically a non-technical site administrator.
The software core is extensible with modules, plugins and even Google gadgets, and offers a skin system to customize the site presentation.
What’s missing? Well, given the target audience, SkyBlueCanvas doesn’t require a database, and doesn’t provide user management and content hierarchies like Sections or Categories.
SkyBlueCanvas is a PHP application, and is licensed under the GNU General Publc License 3.0. A service package for business owners including site setup and design is also available from the Developer.
- March 15, 2009: SkyBlueCanvas (Directory)
- February 1, 2009: SkyBlueCanvas 1.1 (link)
- April 12, 2008: SkyBlueCanvas 1.0 (link)
Stats for SkyBlueCanvas
- not among the top 30 in Powered by . . .
- not among the top 30 in Most visited CMS site
- not among the top 30 in Most linked CMS site
- SkyBlueCanvas home page: http://www.skybluecanvas.com/