sNews is “a simple, basic, customizable CMS tool suitable for developers with beginner-to-advanced PHP skills. It is also useful to have a good working knowledge of how to work with, set up and manage MySQL databases. sNews is not geared towards the end-user who knows little or nothing about building and developing PHP-MySQL based websites.”
The sNews platform was born in late 2005, and has only one ‘engine’ file and one ‘template’ file, to keep it as simple as possible. On the other hand, sNews does not have an automatic installer or a WYSIWYG browser based interface, so it needs a little extra effort on the user part while installing the application or editing content.
sNews requires PHP, MySQL and Apache with mod_rewrite, and is freely available under a Creative Commons License.
- October 31, 2008: sNews 1.7 (link)
- October 9, 2008: sNews 1.7 RC2 (link)
- April 4, 2008: sNews 1.7 RC (link)
- December 30, 2007: sNews 1.6 review (Articles)
- May 16, 2007: sNews 1.6 (link)
- March 27, 2007: sNews (Directory)
- February 2, 2007: sNews 1.5.31 (link)
- December 5, 2006: sNews 1.5 (link)
Stats for sNews
- not among the top 30 in Powered by . . .
- not among the top 30 in Most visited CMS site
- not among the top 30 in Most linked CMS site